The “Compete with Class – Honor the Game“ pledge summarizes important elements of the men’s lacrosse experience and confirms your commitment to Sportsmanship and Fair Play. Signing the pledge is voluntary, but demonstrates your support of the US Lacrosse men’s safety and sportsmanship awareness campaign and deems you eligible for all promotions and awards associated with the campaign.
This season, as a parent, coach, player or official, I pledge to COMPETE with CLASS and HONOR THE GAME…
- I will honor the history of men’s lacrosse and commit to the maintaining the core values of the game’s culture.
- I will recognize the value of safe and fair play by teaching, enforcing and playing by the letter and spirit of the men’s game.
- I will practice and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other men’s lacrosse event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of our players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with players in order to encourage a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will do my very best to make the sport fun for everyone who participates.
- I will ask all family members and fans to be tolerant and inclusive by treating other players, coaches, fans and officials with high regard and respect.
R– We obey the Rules even if we can get away with bending them, and even if our opponents don’t.
O – A worthy Opponent helps us get better. We want to play fierce & friendly and never think of them as enemies.
O – We respect Officials even when bad calls go against us. I don’t want you to speak to officials during a game even if you are being treated unfairly
T – We don’t do anything to embarrass our Teammates, on or off the field.
S – Self – Don’t Honor the Game because I tell you to. Do it because you want to.
WE LIVE UP TO OUR OWN STANDARDS EVEN IF OUR OPPONENT DOES NOT!!